[C7RCENTRAL] RACING: CORVETTE RACING AT LAGUNA SECA: By the Numbers
DETROIT (Sept. 5, 2018) – There are only three tracks at which Corvette Racing has competed in each of its 20 seasons. One of those is WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca, site of this weekend’s America’s Tire 250 for the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship. During the last 19 years, the team has amassed an impressive record of victories and miles on the California coast, as you can see below…
- 1: As in one team, one manufacturer and one model of car for 20 years: Corvette Racing, Chevrolet and the Chevrolet Corvette.
- 2: Double-podium finishes this season for Corvette Racing: Canadian Tire Motorsport Park and Road America.
- 3: Generations of Corvette Racing entries at Laguna Seca since 1999 – Corvette C5-R (1999-04) Corvette C6.R (2005-2013) and Corvette C7.R (2014-current).
- 3: Consecutive wins for Corvette Racing at Laguna Seca from 2012-14.
- 3: Pole positions and fastest race laps at Laguna Seca by Jan Magnussen in Corvette Racing entries.
- 4: Career victories at Laguna Seca for Oliver Gavin and Jan Magnussen. All four of Gavin’s have come with Corvette Racing.
- 6: Consecutive GTLM podium finishes for Antonio Garcia and Jan Magnussen in the No. 3 Corvette – Mid-Ohio (third), Watkins Glen (second), Canadian Tire Motorsport Park (second), Lime Rock Park (second), Road America (third) and VIR (second).
- 7: Number of Laguna Seca victories for Corvette Racing dating back to 2004.
- 8: As in Chevrolet’s small-block V8. More than 100 million units have been sold worldwide and is the most successful engine in American motorsports.
- 9: Laguna Seca victories for Corvette Racing from the current driving lineup – Oliver Gavin (four), Jan Magnussen and Antonio Garcia (two) and Tommy Milner (one).
- 11: Drivers who have competed for Corvette Racing at Laguna Seca. Of those, seven went on to win at Monterey.
- 11: Victories at Laguna Seca for Chevrolet in IMSA competition.
- 12: Manufacturer Championships for Chevrolet and Corvette Racing since 2001.
- 16: Number of GT Le Mans wins in the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship for Corvette Racing since the start of 2014. That’s the most of any manufacturer and team in GTLM.
- 24: Tracks at which Corvette Racing has won races – Baltimore, COTA, Canadian Tire Motorsport Park/Mosport, Daytona, Detroit, Houston, Laguna Seca, Le Mans, Lime Rock, Long Beach, Miami, Mid-Ohio, Portland, Road America, Road Atlanta, Sebring, Sonoma, St. Petersburg, Texas, Trois Rivieres, Utah, VIR, Washington DC and Watkins Glen.
- 28: Number of drivers for Corvette Racing since 1999.
- 107: Victories worldwide for Corvette Racing – 99 in North America and eight at Le Mans.
- 210: Event starts by Corvette Racing since 1999 following the most recent race at VIR.
- 11334.24: Number of racing miles completed by Corvette Racing in its 19 previous trips to Laguna Seca. That represents 5,147 laps or nearly 667 trips along historic 17-Mile Drive on the Monterey Peninsula.
- 279,324.46: Total number of racing miles completed by Corvette Racing since its inception. To put that in perspective Apollo 13 – the longest manned spaceflight in history – covered “just” 248,655 miles.
|2000||GTS||Fellows/Pilgrim||2nd||Corvette C5-R||Fellows pole|
|2004||GTS||Fellows/O'Connell||1st||Corvette C5-R||O'Connell fastest race lap|
|GTS||Beretta/Gavin||2nd||Corvette C5-R||Beretta pole|
|GT1||Beretta/Gavin||1st||Corvette C6.R||Gavin fastest race lap|
|GT1||Beretta/Gavin||2nd||Corvette C6.R||Beretta fastest race lap|
|2007||GT1||Magnussen/O'Connell||2nd||Corvette C6.R||Magnussen pole, fastest race lap|
|2008||GT1||Magnussen/O'Connell||2nd||Corvette C6.R||Magnussen pole, fastest race lap|
|2009||GT2||Magnussen/O'Connell||2nd||Corvette C6.R||Magnussen pole, fastest race lap|
|GT||Gavin/Milner||1st||Corvette C6.R||Gavin fastest race lap|
|2014||GTLM||Garcia/Magnussen||1st||Corvette C7.R||Garcia pole|
Founded in 1911 in Detroit, Chevrolet is one of the world’s largest car brands, doing business in more than 100 countries and selling more than 4.0 million cars and trucks a year. Chevrolet provides customers with fuel-efficient vehicles that feature engaging performance, design that makes the heart beat, passive and active safety features and easy-to-use technology, all at a value. More information on Chevrolet models can be found at www.chevrolet.com.